Blessed Trinity offers excellent educational opportunities and places considerable importance on academic achievement. We realize the vital role that parents play in a child's education and pledge to work with parents to ensure every child's success.
|Oak Grove, Bloomington||
|Valley View, Bloomington||
|Richfield Middle School||
NOTEWORTHY 2012-13 ACADEMIC ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Congratulations Regional Science Fair Winners!
- Jack and Evan will advance to the State Science Fair. Collin, Caylyn , and Matt are State Science Fair Alternates.
- Caylyn, Jack, Collin, Evan and Matt were nominated to compete in the Broadcom Masters Competition.
- Jack and Anna Marie earned a 3M Young Scientists award.
- Megan won a medal from the East Side Science Club.
- Collin was presented with a Special Award from the Twin Cities Regional Science Fair.
Congratulations Learning Fair Winners!
The following 7th grade students will be attending the Twin Cities Regional Science Fair on Feb. 22-23: Hannah, Grace, Jack, Catherine, Anna Marie, Evan, Collin, Megan, Caleb, Serafin, Raquel, Caylyn, Anna, Estefany and Matt.
Congratulations Trimester One Honor Roll Students!!
- Fourth Grade: Ingrid, Rachel, Kassandra, Lauren, Liliana, Rynne, Katherine, Kyleigh
- Fifth Grade: Andrew, ShayLee, Melinda, Gavin, Oscar, Clara, Jack, Sarah
- Sixth Grade: Garrett, Nealeigh, Kozette, Katherine, Isabelle, Ian, Peter, Diana, Michael, Landon, Yitzhak, Kelly, Caitlin, Gihara, Andrew, Aaron, Litzy, Michael, Rory, Aidan
- Seventh Grade: Hannah, Eleanor, Jack, Kelly, Liam, Evan, Collin, Megan, Caleb, Raquel, Anna, Estefany
- Eighth Grade: Abby, David, Olivia, Carley, Katy, Haley, Grace, William, Alex, Jack, Dominick, Joanna, Veronica, Jenna, Demo, Tony, Abraham, Emily, Jordan, Alyse, Andrew
Our Robotics Tournament was at Century Middle School in Lakeville. Two teams competed: The Moon Bears (Jack, Jack, Andrew, Liam, Demo), and The Pink Panthers (Logan, Caleb, Tony, David, Abraham, Alex). The Moon Bears finished 5th overall in their 16-team division, just two spots short of advancing to State. They won a plaque recognizing their first-place finish in the Core Values category. They also finished 4th in the Robot Performance and 5th in Robot Design categories. The Pink Panthers finished 13th overall in their 16-team division. Their robot unfortunately didn't perform the way it had in the classroom, but they did finish 3rd overall in the Robot Design category.
Quiz Bowl Tournament
Blessed Trinity students competed at the 20th annual 8th grade Catholic Schools Quiz Bowl at the University of St. Thomas last Monday. Our Quiz Bowl team (Alex, Jack, Demo, and Tony) did extremely well. They won their first two matches, and were seeded 21st out of 46 teams after the first two rounds. That earned them a spot in the championship bracket. However, at that point they went up against a tough team, and were not able to advance. The kids had a great time and represented Blessed Trinity well.
NOTEWORTHY 2011-12 ACADEMIC ACCOMPLISHMENTS
State Science Fair
Three Blessed Trinity seventh graders (William G., Abby C. and Claire H.) had projects that competed at the Minnesota State Science Fair which was held in Bloomington in March 2012. Abby C.'s research paper also advanced to the State competition (Grace G. was selected as an alternate for her paper). Abby C.'s research paper was honored as one of the top five seventh grade papers in the state of Minnesota!
Regional Science Fair
Eighteen Blessed Trinity seventh grade students attended the Twin Cities Regional Science Fair at the University of Minnesota Field House on February 24th. Students who earned a Grand or First Prize ribbon based on the judging at Blessed Trinity’s Learning Fair were eligible for the Regional Science Fair. Several Blessed Trinity students earned special recognition at the Twin Cities Regional Science Fair:
- Brian T. received an Inventor’s Award for his work!
- Alex H. earned an award from the American Council of Engineering Companies of Minnesota!
- Alyse W. and Grace G. earned a TCRSF special recognition award!
Blessed Trinity sent a team of four middle school students to the NAQT Invitational Academic Tournament held at De La Salle High School on March 10th. BT students were selected based on results of voluntary tryouts held during class. BT’s team took 3rd place out of 23 teams! The top 15% (which included BT’s team) advanced to the 2012 Middle School National Championship Tournament in Chicago from April 20-22 where our team placed 49th out of 72 teams. For more information about the Quiz Bowl in Chicago go to: http://www.naqt.com/ms/msnct/2012/details.html
BT's Destination Imagination team, the Lightning Oreos (David C., Haley G., AnnaMarie G., Alex H., Jack H., Brian T.), competed in the East Metro Regional Tournament at Harding High School in March 2012. They finished 2nd in the Instant Challenge portion of the tournament, and were third in their own challenge (News to Me), as well as third overall! It's the 2nd time a BT team has placed in the top three overall, earning a ribbon. It was the first time a BT team competed in the improvisational challenge, in which a team has five minutes to put together a skit before performing in front of an audience!
Trimester III Honor Roll Students!
Andrew A, Ava B, ShayLee B, Melinda B, Gavin B, Clara K, Jack M, Sarah W
Grace B, Diana B, Garrett B, Nealeigh C, Kozette C, Katherine C, Owen D, Isabelle D, Ian D, Peter F, Michael I, Landon K, Yitzhak L, Kelly O, Caitlin O, Gihara P, Andrew P, Litzy S, Michelle T, Michael W, Rory W, Jack W, Aidan Z
Hannah B, Eleanor B, Anja D, Jack F, Kelly G, Liam H, Evan H, Collin K, Megan M, Nicholas M, Caleb P, Raquel R, Andrew W
Abby C, David C, Olivia D, Carley D, Katy F, Grace G, William G, Claire H, Alex H, Jack H, Dominick L, Veronica L, Jenna M, Demo M, Tony P, Abraham S, Emily S, Jordan S, Andrew W
Shanelle A, Tania A, Mikaela A, Lesley A, Ben B, Hannah C, Maddie H, Maria J, Emily K, Christina M, Derick P, Griselda S, Kyle S, Jack W
Spelling Bee for 4 & 5 Grade
Gihara won the Spelling Bee! Congratulations! It was hard fought with Mindy and Gihara going head to head for many, many rounds!
Poetry Contest Winners!
BT's annual poetry contest for grades 4 to 8 has yielded wonderful musings on things natural and philosophical, amusing and serious. We've gathered the finest for you in this year's Poetry Magazine. The contest winners are:
- Fourth Grade: Mindy B., Gavin B., Andrew A., Ava B., and Oscar J.
- Fifth Grade: Isabelle D., Garrett B., Litzy S., William G., and Nealeigh C.
- Sixth Grade: Hannah B., Collin K., Megan M., Anna Marie G., and Amanda N.
- Seventh Grade: Alex H., Joanna L., Katy F., Jordan S., and Emily S.
- Eighth Grade: Jaden T., Christina M., Robbie N., Hannah C., and Mikaela A.
- Honorable Mention: Halle K., Clara K., Brianna C., Ian D., Diana B., Aidan Z., Eleanor B., Anja D., Anna S., Chelsie N., Abby C., Alyse W., Maria J., Alejandra P., and Jack W.