Voted Best Private School
Friend of Blessed Trinity Award
Pied Piper: The Musical
Mrs. Jo Culnane Retires
Dancing at the Victorian Party
St. Nick's Party
Richfield Fourth of July Parade
State Capital Field Trip
Eighth Grade Play
Friend of Blessed Trinity Award
Pen Pal Tea
News & Events for PreK - Grade 8
NEW News & Events
Catholic Schools Raffle
The drawing will take place on March 13th. Good luck!
Butter Braids at Blessed Trinity
Students must pick up all orders they accepted from Penn Campus on Wednesday, March 12th (2:00-6:00pm) and then personally deliver them. Keep in mind that Butter Braids arrive frozen.
Early registration has begun for next school year (2014-15). The registration fee goes up to $150 for current families on March 8th so register now!
Blessed Trinity Spiritwear!
BT Spiritwear is available in a wide variety of sizes, sold throughout the school year on both campuses, and costs just $10.00/t-shirt. We have one spiritwear design (shown above) on a white, cotton, short-sleeve shirt. On Spiritwear days, students who bring a donation for the local food shelf may wear BT spiritwear along with jeans. Use the SW Form or stop by one of the school offices to buy spiritwear. Go Tigers!
(Slightly) OLDER NEWS AND EVENTS
Thank You Target & Facebook Voters!
Thanks to all who voted for Blessed Trinity! Target was giving away up to 5 million dollars to schools across the country. Blessed Trinity racked up 305 votes, which translates to $305! That’s incredible. Thanks for voting!
Spanish Class at Penn Campus, Too
Blessed Trinity Catholic School will be offering K-3 Spanish classes next year, in addition to the classes already offered in grades 4-8. This will give students an early start on their second language education. Sr. Diaz will bring his experience, creativity and excitement to teach our youngest students how to respond to simple questions and how to enjoy and recognize the beauty of the Latino culture. Music, dance and stories will be part of the curriculum.
Thank You Catholic United Financial!
St. Richard’s parishioner and Blessed Trinity grandmother, Sharol Eggenberger, is the winner of Blessed Trinity’s Tuition raffle fundraiser! She may choose to give $3,000 in tuition money to a student of her choice or receive $2,000 in cash! Blessed Trinity sold 2,889 raffle tickets which amounts to $14,445! Wow, that’s amazing! We are grateful to Catholic United Financial for letting us participate in this exciting fundraiser. Go to https://www.catholicunitedfinancial.org/ for more information.
Congratulations Science Fair Competitors!
- Jack and Evan competed at the State Science Fair. (Collin , Caylyn , and Matt were State Science Fair Alternates.)
- Caylyn, Jack, Collin, Evan and Matt were nominated to compete in the Broadcom Masters Competition.
- Jack and Anna Marie earned a 3M Young Scientists award.
- Megan won a medal from the East Side Science Club.
- Collin was presented with a Special Award from the Twin Cities Regional Science Fair.
Congratulations to the winners, narrowed down to eight from each grade. Five poems were chosen as “published winners” and three were chosen as “honorable mention winners.” Congratulations to all for a lot of hard work and thought-provoking poems! Published Winners (in no particular order):
Ingrid, Kyleigh, Lauren, Brandon, Kate
4th Grade Honorable Mention
Matthew, Rachel, Kassie
Andrew, Brianna, Oscar, Gavin, Mayra
5th Grade Honorable Mention
Carlos, Madison, Jack
Garrett, Minh, Nealeigh, Caitlin, Michelle
6th Grade Honorable Mention
Sam, Natalie, Litzy
Matt, Hannah, Anna, Catherine, Amanda
7th Grade Honorable Mention
Logan, Estefany, Collin
Claire, Emily, Abby, Olivia, Jenna
8th Grade Honorable Mention
Carley, Chantia, Grace
Congratulations Trimester Three Honor Roll Students!!
- Grade 4: Ingrid, Kassandra, Katherine, Kyleigh, Lauren, Liliana, Rachel, Rynne
- Grade 5: Andrew, Gavin, Jack, Melinda, Oscar, Owen, Sarah, ShayLee
- Grade 6: Aidan, Andrew, Caitlin, Diana, Diana, Garrett, Gihara, Ian, Isabelle, Jack, Katherine, Kelly, Kozette, Landon, Litzy, Michael, Michael, Michelle, Nealeigh, Patrick, Peter, Rory, Ryan
- Grade 7: Amanda, Anna, Caleb, Catherine, Collin, Estefany, Hannah, Jack, Kelly, Liam, Megan, Raquel, Serafin
- Grade 8: Abby, Abraham, Alex, Alyse, Andrew, Carley, Demo, Emily, Grace, Haley, Jack, Jenna, Jordan, Katy, Olivia, Tony, Veronica, William
Congratulations Trimester Two Honor Roll Students!!
- Grade 4: Flora, Ingrid, Rachel, Kassandra, Lauren, Liliana, Rynne, Katherine, Kyleigh
- Grade 5: Andrew, ShayLee, Melind, Gavin, Owen, Oscar, Clara, Jack, Sarah
- Grade 6: Diana, Garrett, Nealeigh, Kozette, Isabelle, Ian, Peter, Diana, Michael, Landon, Yitzhak, Kelly, Caitlin, Gihara, Andrew, Patrick, Maely, Michelle, Michael, Rory, Aidan
- Grade 7: Hannah, Jack, Liam, Collin, Megan, Caleb, Raquel, Anna, Estefany
- Grade 8: Abby, Olivia, Carley, Katy, Haley, Grace, Claire, Jack, Dominick, Jenna, Tony, Abraham, Emily, Jordan , Alyse, Andrew
Congratulations Trimester One Honor Roll Students!!
- Fourth Grade: Ingrid, Rachel, Kassandra, Lauren, Liliana, Rynne, Katherine, Kyleigh
- Fifth Grade: Andrew, ShayLee, Melinda, Gavin, Oscar, Clara, Jack, Sarah
- Sixth Grade: Garrett, Nealeigh, Kozette, Katherine, Isabelle, Ian, Peter, Diana, Michael, Landon, Yitzhak, Kelly, Caitlin, Gihara, Andrew, Aaron, Litzy, Michael, Rory, Aidan
- Seventh Grade: Hannah, Eleanor, Jack, Kelly, Liam, Evan, Collin, Megan, Caleb, Raquel, Anna, Estefany
- Eighth Grade: Abby, David, Olivia, Carley, Katy, Haley, Grace, William, Alex, Jack, Dominick, Joanna, Veronica, Jenna, Demo, Tony, Abraham, Emily, Jordan, Alyse, Andrew
Our Robotics Tournament was at Century Middle School in Lakeville. Two teams competed: The Moon Bears (Jack, Jack, Andrew, Liam, Demo), and The Pink Panthers (Logan, Caleb, Tony, David, Abraham, Alex). The Moon Bears finished 5th overall in their 16-team division, just two spots short of advancing to State. They won a plaque recognizing their first-place finish in the Core Values category. They also finished 4th in the Robot Performance and 5th in Robot Design categories. The Pink Panthers finished 13th overall in their 16-team division. Their robot unfortunately didn't perform the way it had in the classroom, but they did finish 3rd overall in the Robot Design category.
Quiz Bowl Tournament
Blessed Trinity students competed at the 20th annual 8th grade Catholic Schools Quiz Bowl at the University of St. Thomas. Our Quiz Bowl team (Alex, Jack, Demo, and Tony) did extremely well. They won their first two matches, and were seeded 21st out of 46 teams after the first two rounds. That earned them a spot in the championship bracket. However, at that point they went up against a tough team, and were not able to advance. The kids had a great time and represented Blessed Trinity well.
Resources for parents and teachers after the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary on December 14, 2012.
Scholastic Book Clubs
Sometimes the right book is all it takes to nurture a child's love of reading. That's why Nicollet Campus will join Penn Campus in participating in Scholastic Book Clubs throughout the school year. Nicollet Campus order forms are available in the library with orders due at the end of each month.
Order on-line at: www.scholastic.com/bookclubs
Create a Parent Registration Account and use Class Activation Code HKW38 for Nicollet Campus. Online orders earn FREE books for our library! Happy shopping!
Donald's EP Location!
Have You Heard?
- "Longtime Blessed Trinity teacher, theater director retires"
- "Three teachers retire after more than 40 years of service"
- Read a great article from the Richfield Sun Current about Blessed Trinity's summer basketball camps! Thanks Jesse!!
- Check out the newest edition of The Catholic Spirit. Blessed Trinity’s BT Believers were featured in an article titled: “Blessed Trinity School’s Theme Song Should be “I’m a (BT) Believer!”
- Sun Current’s Readers’ Choice! Blessed Trinity Catholic School was voted “Best Private School!”
- Blessed Trinity's Art Media Field Trip to the Guthrie Did you see coverage of BT's Art Media field trip on Patch.com? Thanks Mr. Doty for arranging this great outing! We can't wait to see the props this group has created for Blessed Trinity's rendition of Cinderella's Glass Slipper on May 18th at the Academy of Holy Angels theater!
Listen or watch WCCO, or check the online school closings at http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/school-closings/, in the event inclement weather causes some schools to close. If either Richfield Public Schools or Academy of Holy Angels closes, Blessed Trinity Catholic School will also close.
Receive Blessed Trinity news at your home and/or work e-mail address.Subscribe to our e-blasts via: